- To interface with 1602 character LCD and display uptime of the system.
- PIC 18F4550 microcontroller board with pre-programmed Pinguino bootloader version 4.x.
- USB cable.
- 16×02 character LCD.
- 6 jumper wires.
- 10K ohms variable resistor.
- 470 ohms resistor.
- Familiar with Lab 1 experiment.
- Connect LCD hardware as schematic below:
- Open Pinguino IDE.
- From Toolbar at the right-hand side, click on “07.Display“.
- Click on folder “LiquidCrystal” and open “HelloWorld.pde“.
- Do not modify programming on this tutorial, we will make enhancement at Lab 3.
- Compile and upload to Pinguino.
- Adjust variable resistor on board until user able to see characters appear on LCD screen.
- LCD should show like picture below: